Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

View of the Back Garden

Well, until I figure out how to customize my blog, I'll just post some photos from around the gardens.  This is through the lanai doors, through the pool cage and in front of the preserve that our yard backs up to.
This is the birdbath in back that I've recently surrounded with purple Lantana.  There's some old red Vinca that is hanging around from last year.  In the background there's Sambac Jasmine and Allamanda.
Here's a closer view of the Lantana.  The pink Impatiens I put under one of the Ixora hedges to brighten up that dark area.  I'll show that later.

And now a closeup up the Jasmine in bloom.  The fragrance is so intense especially in the morning when the gardens are still wet and it's humid. 

The Allamanda makes a nice showing among the dark green leaves.

Oh, looky - I just figured out how to make the photos bigger!  Yeehaw!  Anyway, I picked up some red Salvia and Verbena to add among the Lantana to help attract butterflies.

No comments: