Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fragrance Galore!


My favorite perfumer of the yard is the glorious Magnolia!  It seems to be blooming a little earlier than usual this year.  And that's A-OK by me!  I can never get enough of this beautiful scent.


It's such a beautiful bloom with it's soft creamy white petals.


Even in decay, it has grace and beauty.


I've posted this photo before, but it's my all-time favorite shot I've taken of the Magnolia...


The Gardenia bushes have been heavy with flowers for the last month or so.


I'm very much in love with the Gardenias.  I mean, how could you not be?


The neighborhood is full of fragrance at night as I walk the dogs.  Delightful!!!


Aaaaaah, and the Jasmine.  Gotta love the Jasmines.


This year I put some Jasmine on a trellis next to where we hang the hammock.  It has turned out to be a good idea!


And there's tons of Sambac Jasmine all around the pool cage.  I can't remember if I've posted this shot before or not - my apologies if you've seen it before.


It climbs up the Giant White-Bird-of-Paradise, so there's fragrance above my head and all around when I'm out back in the garden.


The Passion Flower continues to bloom.  I catch a faint fragrance once in awhile as I'm walking around the area.  If I stick my nose in it - it smells so delicious!


This beauty doesn't seem to have a fragrance, but she is blooming for me right now and I very much appreciate it!


I admit I was a bit surprised it was in flower as I wasn't paying much attention to this basket full of orchids that I have hanging on the lanai.  They're there until I decide which tree to attach them to.  I'd better get with it and make up my mind. And that is always hard because I am a typical Libra!

No comments: