Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Beautiful Indigo Buntings


Wow!  These brilliant blue birds have to be one of my favorite visitors here in Florida.


I've yet to get a truly decent shot of them.


Seems like I'm either shooting into the sun or into deep shade.


But, I won't complain too much.


It gives me a chance to keep on trying.


The Painted Buntings are still around too.  One day soon, they'll be heading off to where they spend the summer months and then we should see them again in October.


I've noticed that there's baby squirrels in the yard and they are most adorable!


This little guy was digging around right in front of the chair I was sitting in.


Then he climbed up the palm right next to me and was very curious as to what I was doing.  I love his cute little eyelashes and how pink the inside of his ears are.  He's even got some crud smudged on to the end of his nose from his antics in the dirt.


I can't believe I haven't been able to get a photo of a rabbit until now.  I see them every day and either I don't have a camera with me or they zoom away too fast.


So, I felt quite honored that this guy let me take his picture and he hung around for quite awhile.  He's so cute!


A tattered friend.  I'm glad he's still able to fly around the garden and get what he needs.  


Here's a shot of one of the Dwarf Gardenias from the front garden.  Sometimes, white is a hard color for me to photograph.  Just one of many things I need to work on, lol


I love the tropicalness (is that a word?) of the Begonias.  I do find them a bit messy, so I had to take these off the lanai as I end up sweeping blossoms every day.  


The Star Jasmine is blooming well and has climbed all the way up the trellis and then some to wind around the bars on the balcony railing.


And I've absolutely no complaints about that.  This little balcony off the bedroom faces the backyard/preserve and is where I go to meditate every evening.


Last night was beautiful with the heavy scent of jasmine and an incredibly gorgeous moon!

No comments: