Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Little Garden


I came across this cute little poem the other day when I was making some altered rolodex cards for an art trade.  I think it pretty much describes every garden I've ever had and very much describes my style of gardening  :)



When I took this photo of the Tillandsias the other day, I hadn't noticed the brown anole sitting in it.  He's kind of cute sitting there, just hanging out.




I've got three new bloom spikes on the Basket O' Orchids!  Hurray!  I'm quite surprised as the orchids haven't been looking very good since the move.  I only brought two vandas and this basket of several phals with me from the previous house.  The rest were on trees and I didn't want to move them.  Anyway, I'm always excited when the orchids bloom.



I was watching this Red Shouldered Hawk out in the woods behind the house.  He swooped down and brought this black racer up for lunch.  I couldn't get very good photos as he was quite far away and it was dark.  And I'm not sure it's a photo series anyone would be interested in seeing.   I don't usually photograph any predator/prey that I see.  Luckily, I don't see it a lot.  



Well, here's some cheery pink flowers to brighten your day!  Aren't they adorable? 






5 comments:

daisy g said...

Great captures! The hawk picture is fascinating! Please share the name of those brilliant pink blooms! So gorgeous!
Hope you are safe from the storms.

Susan said...

That hawk snagged a big dinner with that snake. I'm always amazed when I see birds picking up snakes. Love your garden saying - very sweet! Enjoy your soon-to-be orchid blooms.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So good to see a new post from you. That little lizard was really hidden. Great photo of the hawk. Enjoy your orchid blooms. They always excite me too.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Unknown said...

You always have such beautiful orchids Lynn and I am sure you will build up a big collection again at your new home. Hope you are settling in well there and you are managing ok with your health. Sorry for my absence here for a while - I lost my lovely garden cat Oliver at the end of last year and needed to be sad for a little while. Nice to be back.
- Kate xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos ~ as always. Twice this past month we've had a hawk feast on a bird in our garden. Well, it catches a bird in my garden and then takes off with it. Once just above my head - freaked me out a bit. But that's Mother Nature.

Always good to see a new post from you. Keep them coming. :-)

eli