Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Sunday, June 25, 2017

It's the Rainy Season


Hello everybody!  Well, not much is going on here in the garden.  What's new, haha!  I've been repotting a few things that were pot bound like this little oncidium.


Some of my herbs are doing well in the rainy season, like this beautiful chives plant.


And I've had several basil harvests.


Which of course turned into pesto - yay!


Speaking of food, I dried some corn for the birds and squirrels.  It isn't as pretty as the kind that you get from the store, but it's a lot cheaper and it wasn't hard to do.  Just search drying corn for squirrels online and it will come up.


I've been meaning to add an Instagram button on the sidebar to connect to my IG account @swflgardener, but just haven't got around to it.


If you're on IG, I'd love to hear from you and I'd love for you to follow along.


If you don't have an Instagram account, you can search my name (Lynn McIntosh) and swflgardener online and these pages will come up that I've posted here, plus a bunch more.


Not that I'm doing anything exciting over there, but I do tend to post there every day.


I'm also on Twitter, but haven't been posting much this year.  Same with Facebook.  I just thought I'd mention the IG account where I post much more frequently.


I've never planted dwarf zinnias before.  I thought they'd be as small as the package said.  Nope!  Oh, well, they're getting ready to bloom and be pretty, so I've no complaints.  Be Happy!  Peace all ☮✌💚

3 comments:

daisy g said...

Your basil looks gorgeous! Pesto is such a treat this time of year. Unfortunately, mine has been neglected with the move, but I'm hoping to nurse it back to health before the summer gets away from me.

Enjoy your lovely zinnias!

Janice said...

Hi Lynn! I'll have to go see what you got going on IG, even though I don't have an account. I barely keep up with this blog! Rainy days are here too...so more weeding, deadheading, and pulling annuals that are done. _Janice

Susan said...

Hi Lynn, it's all that wonderful rain that's making your dwarf zinnias so tall. Lol! It seems as though everything is growing out of control here. Your basil looks yummy and I like the idea about drying corn. I'll have to look into that. Hope you're having a nice summer.