Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Friday, May 17, 2013

It's a Mandevilla Miracle


Well, sort of ...


This poor thing sat in its nursery container for well over a year, hanging out in the crotch of this palm in the backyard.  It got watered by the sprinklers, but never bloomed.



So FINALLY, I potted it up and stuck it against a trellis out back near the lanai.  And now several weeks later - lo and behold - it has over thirty buds and has bloomed constantly.



All it needed was a little bit of attention.  And of course - that includes talking nicely to it.




Oh, I'm quite sure the neighbors think I'm a total nut job listening to me telling the plants how beautiful they all are!  This Ixora especially needs help to bloom this year.  I've been talking to it a lot!  I also gave it some needed nutrients and a trim.


And I'm usually chatting with Chirpy.  He comes around every day!  I swear he was once a dog in another life - he just follows me all over the yard.


This sweet pair of Mourning Doves allow me to yammer at them too.


As does Mr. Squirrel.  Although, he looks as if he'd like to say something back!  :)

No comments: