Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Saturday, June 29, 2013

M is for Mango


Mango season is on!  And I am most delighted!  I wish I had a mango tree in my yard, but I just don't have the room for one.  But I have friends with mangoes and luckily they like to share!



This mango is an Irwin and to me, rates as a great mango because it doesn't have any stringy fibers.  It also tastes fantastic!  I usually cut the sides off first and then eat around the pit like a caveman.  I showed only part of the gnawed-on pit, just out of politeness and all.



 I'm freezing up lots of mango pulp so we can have mango smoothies all year long.  I think this smoothie needs a sprig of mint, but I didn't have one since my mint succumbed to the summer heat awhile ago.

 

We're also making mango ice cream.  It turned out really great!  Well, I'm out of mango photos, so I guess I could say that while M is for Mango...


M can also be for Magnolia.  This is from the backyard and has a Magnificent fragrance!



and M is for Marigold


and for Macro.  (which needs some practice, lol) 

No comments: