Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hey, it's Spring!


The days are getting longer, the bees are buzzing


The buds are bursting


And everbody's smiling!


Lately, I've been feeling the need to get away from it all and have some quality alone time in nature.  Now, I can do that in my backyard, but when I really want absolutely no distractions - I head to the Fakahatchee Strand.  I rarely see anyone past the 6 mile point as the road gets really rough and that's just the way I like it!


The gators hang out on the road in the winter months to get some heat and a little sun.


Or they find an alluring swamp-side spot for an afternoon nap.


The deer pop out in the road in front of me.


They are so lovely!  I thank them for gracing me with their presence.


It's dark and lush and filled with incredible wildlife!  I am most enchanted!


I found a new trail to stroll.  This one's rather civilized - most are just paths through the jungle.


I'm always amazed at the beauty all around.


"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing."  Camille Pissarro.   Something like that...


I never know what I'll find - like this cool Gumbo Limbo tree, with its peeling red bark.


There were tons of these brilliant Julia butterflies visiting the Shepherd's Needles.


I hadn't seen these before, so I was very happy to see not only one, but so many!


No, I haven't forgotten this is a garden blog - I apologize for the detour.  I always see pretty flowers on my journey as well!

No comments: