Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Friday, November 14, 2014

What's Blooming in the Garden


Well, the Plumbago is happy and putting on a nice show of beautiful blue blooms.


And the purple Lantana is smiling in the sunshine.


I adore this new Sapphire Showers Skyflower I got a week or so ago.  I still haven't decided where to plant it because I misread how big it gets and now I have to change the location, so it has room to spread out.  Apparently it gets 12 to 15 feet in height and width.  Whoops, guess I'd better pay closer attention from now on....but no fear, I will find a place for it!


Here's a bit closer view of those cottage type blooms on the Skyflower - I just love them!


Also in the blue/purple category - the Bougainvillea is just starting to bloom again on the back fence.


The lush hot pink Butterfly Bush has a few blooms going on.  I am fascinated with the fragrance of this plant - it kind of reminds me of honey.


The Pentas are always a reliable bloomer no matter if it's hot or cold.  Sunny or cloudy.



The Plumeria is having its last hurrah before it loses all its leaves for the season.  Looks like it still has quite a few buds yet to open.



The Milkweed has finally started blooming again, it's gotten a little leggy.  I don't fuss about it, I'll just whack it down a bit later on.  


The Zebra Longwing loves the orange Lantana and visits every day.  He usually brings all his friends!  



Oh, let's see what else - the Ixora is doing quite nicely, just as it always does.  I couldn't ask for a better carefree and easy plant to have in the yard.  And I love the orange against the green leaves.  Those colors always say "tropical" to me.  


I love having white in the front gardens.  It shows up so nicely from the road.  These white Geraniums have done well since last year.   I need a few more to fill in a couple of spaces in the border.


The Ti plant is in bloom too.  I can't believe that I used to not care for these plants when I first moved to Florida.  I have no idea what I was thinking, because I now absolutely love their colors and how sturdy they are all year round.


The Ti plants flower is very pretty with light and dark pinks, white and yellow.  


Well, I'll finish this post with the tail end of the beautiful Bald Eagle that was flying around over the yard.  Of course, by the time I noticed him, all I could catch was his hiney.  That's okay though - he'll be back...




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely shots as usual Lynn.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Janice for your kind words and stopping in for a look!