Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Friday, April 26, 2013

Moonlight Garden


What a gorgeous moonrise last night!


I took this shot a couple of months ago.  Every time the moon is full or nearly full, I think about a moonlight garden.



Unfortunately, I've only this small space available to put one.


My main criteria is that I'm able to see it from the bedroom balcony.  This is where I sit with the dogs before bed each evening and have a bit of a meditation - hoping to relax.  Oh, and yes, I suppose I should've ironed the tablecloth for the photo, but it honestly is never ironed - this is just the way it is. 



A focal point of garden statuary seems like a good place to start.  I don't really have a shot of a nice statue, just this pedestal from the lanai - but you get the idea.  Something white or cement, even a bit craggy and mossy would be delightful.  Just so it glows in the moonlight.



White flowers are of course, a must.  This star jasmine is a good contender as it will climb the palm tree and the fragrance is beautiful night and day.



This small Gardenia bush would be great also. 


Maybe a low growing carpet type of flower like this Alyssum could work.


Or this Angelonia which is in the Snapdragon family and can really take the Florida heat.  Well, I'm sure there are many flower options, including silver-leafed plants.  I'll be working on my Moonlight Garden and hopefully it'll turn out as pretty as I imagine. 

No comments: