Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Friday, April 12, 2013

Little Herb Garden

I keep my kitchen herbs on an old iron stand on the lanai.


The photo above shows sage, rosemary, basil and chives.



I've since added this lush thyme plant that I got at the grocery store.


My favorite herb that I grow is probably the basil.  I have two big pots full.



I've had several harvests since I planted the basil earlier this year.  I love to make pesto, which takes two packed cups of leaves for each batch.  It freezes well, so it's a great way to use up surplus amounts.


Here I'm trying to propagate some cuttings.  Oh, boy - sure looks like my windows need spring cleaning!  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: