Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Gardening Buddy


This is Chirpy - I've named this male cardinal such as he follows me around the yard, from bush to tree, while I garden and chirps away constantly.


I know he really just wants me to bring out more seed so he can chow.



And how do I know this?  Well, Chirpy sits every morning outside the breakfast nook window and talks at me until I get off my hiney and take him some sunflower seeds.



I've never had such interaction with a bird before.  I find him quite charming and a little "dog-like"



And here's another portrait of Chirpy - just because he's so darn handsome!



He does have a Mrs. Chirps!  She's very attractive with her olive-green and lighter red coloring.  We don't see her as much.  I figure she's tending to the nest somewhere.  But I'm always happy when she returns to the yard, so I know she's doing okay.

No comments: