Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. (Rainer Maria Rilke)

Friday, December 27, 2013

Thinking Spring!


Now that Christmas is over and even though it's not the new year yet, here I am already thinkin' about spring!


Well, it's not too hard considering it's still 80 degrees plus down here in the south.


Yum, I love the combination of pink, purple and blue and that combo always says 'Cottage Flowers' to me.


And I love cottage flowers A LOT!


These are Ivy Geraniums.


This is about the only time of year I can have these types of flowers, so I go all out and indulge my craving for these cool weather beauties.


This pansy is that wonderful blue-violet color that is my absolute favorite!


Since I really, really love this color, I'm posting one more shot...


These white geraniums are a lovely accent against all that lush color.


Oooooh, oooooh, oooooh Hot Pink!  This Bougainvillea isn't what I'd consider a cottage flower, but it is kind of dainty and lacy and I think it fits in okay along with the English garden theme.


Mmmmmmm, lush!


Pink Impatiens and Ivy work okay too.


I know I can't truly have an English garden in southwest Florida, but I can have my version of it and even though it's mostly in containers, and only lasts a little while - it's my little sanctuary and it makes me happy.  And that's what a garden is suppose to do!  : )

No comments: